LOADING ERROR LOADING

WASHINGTON – When border czar Tom Homan announced last week that the Trump administration’s surge of immigration agents in Minnesota was over, he said the drawdown would begin immediately and carry through this week.

But while there’s anecdotal evidence of fewer Immigration and Customs Enforcement actions around Minneapolis, federal agents are still very present β€” and residents are still terrified.

Advertisement

β€œIt certainly hasn’t stopped,” Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey said in a Thursday interview. β€œI fully understand why people are very much on edge.”

Frey said he gets daily reports on ICE activity in the city, but it’s not objective data because ICE doesn’t share its information with his office. Instead, his team tracks the number of residents calling into 9-1-1 with reports of a β€œfamily member getting kidnapped” by federal agents, for example, or ICE β€œslamming someb

πŸ“°

Continue Reading on HuffPost

This preview shows approximately 15% of the article. Read the full story on the publisher's website to support quality journalism.

Read Full Article β†’