Sign up for the daily Inside Washington email for exclusive US coverage and analysis sent to your inbox Get our free Inside Washington email Get our free Inside Washington email Email * SIGN UP I would like to be emailed about offers, events and updates from The Independent. Read our Privacy notice

The FBI will not share information with Minnesota authorities investigating the killing of Alex Pretti, who was fatally shot by federal officers during the Trump administration’s surge into Minneapolis last month.

The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension said Monday it formally received notice from the bureau that it will not provide the state agency with “access to any information or evidence that it has collected” in connection with Pretti’s death.

“While this lack of cooperation is concerning and unprecedented, the BCA is committed to thorough, independent and transparent investigations of these incidents, even if hampered by a lack of access to key information and evidence,” Superintendent Drew Evans said in a statement.

“Our agency has com

📰

Continue Reading on The Independent

This preview shows approximately 15% of the article. Read the full story on the publisher's website to support quality journalism.

Read Full Article →